Google Cloud Platform
An integration guide for Google Cloud Platform.
To integrate your account with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), click the Add button in the GCP data source displayed in the Available menu.
This will prompt a modal to appear asking you for the information necessary to successfully integrate GCP with your Rely.io account.
GCP integration modal
Start by giving an expressive name to your data source instance by filling in the Collector Name field. This is an unique name that will allow you to distinguish between multiple data source instances.
In order for Rely.io to gain acess to your metric, events, tags and label data, you must grant specific IAM roles to the service account you want to integrate with. Keep in mind you must be granted the Service Account Key Admin (roles/iam.serviceAccountKeyAdmin) IAM role to able to grant the necessary roles and create the required service account keys. You can learn more about these roles and what permissions they give provide in Google's documentation.
To grant the required IAM roles to your service account, follow the steps bellow:
- 1.From your Cloud Console, access the IAM page.
- 2.Select the project, folder, or organization containing the service account you wish to integrate with.
- 3.Select a principal to grant a role to:
- To grant a role to a Google-managed service account who already has other roles on the resource, click Edit principal in the row containing the service account you're targetting..
- To grant a role to a principal who does not already have other roles on the resource, click Add at the top of the page, then enter the principal's email address.
- 4.Click Add another role and add the following roles:
- Monitoring Viewer (roles/monitoring.viewer)
- Compute Viewer (roles/compute.viewer)
- Cloud Asset Viewer (roles/cloudasset.viewer)
- 5.Click Save to grant the service account the roles on the resource.
Next, you need to provide a GCP service account key. To do this, you must be granted the Service Account Key Admin (roles/iam.serviceAccountKeyAdmin) IAM role on the service account whose keys you want to manage. To create a service account key, follow the steps bellow:
- 1.From your Cloud Console, access Service accounts.
- 2.Select a project.
- 3.Click the email address of the service account that you want to create a key for.
- 4.Click the Keys tab.
- 5.Click the Add key drop-down menu, then select Create new key.
- 6.Select JSON as the Key type and click Create.
The last step should automatically download your newly created JSON service account key file.
After retrieving your service account key JSON file, you need to upload it by clicking the Service Account Key File field in the integration modal.
Click Create to finish the integration process. You should now be able to see your GCP data colector instance under the Active section of the Data Sources page. Wait a few minutes for the integration process to complete.
When the integration process is finished a green "Active" label will be displayed on the top left corner of your data source instance. When you see this label, it means your metrics are available and ready to be used.